What do you get when you combine big mountain free-skier Cody Townsend, a sock sketch and Le Bent?... Well, you get the world's first specifically designed backcountry sock of course! Designed in collaboration with Cody Townsend, these high performance snow socks came to fruition after two years of R&D and some of the best field testing possible by the man himself as he went after the top fifty lines in North America.
We established key critical areas for improvement which set the baseline for how we redefined a sock made for the backcountry. These include:
1. Silicon Ankle Locks: strategically placed bonded silicone strips across the rear of the ankle, eliminating foot slip and avoiding the infamous anxious sock-bunch.
2. Silicone Cuff: once we started playing with silicone we immediately fell in love with it and went a step further, adding a silicone ring to the top cuff below the knee. Keeping socks standing tall, without claiming hairs, so you can break trail without your socks going flaccid.
3. Toe Box Cushioning: packing more cushion into this high-impact area making for a more comfortable experience with extra warmth over the foot fingers.
4. Shin Compression Area: we combined the thinking of a sports compression sleeve and a sock together in one. By adding slight compression to the shin & calf areas, helping to manage lactic-induced fatigue.
5. Mesh Ventilation: we developed a new mesh ventilation zone to increase breathability across the top of the foot, allowing cushioning to stay where it's needed on the base and toe, while letting moisture and steam release from the top of the foot.
These features and new technology have revolutionized comfort for any backcountry touring mission. Allowing your boots to do what they were built for.
Tried and tested but the unsung hero of Cody’s current The Fifty Project… and the reason he hasn’t had a blister since joining le team.
The brand new Crux delivers 20% more water per sip, with an ergonomic handle for easier refilling of the bladder, and an on/off lever that makes it easy to prevent leaks.
If there’s one thing we know best, it’s water. Our athletes, customers and colleagues told us they wanted a reservoir that delivered more water per sip, with a foolproof design that made it easy to fill up and hit the trail. The Crux delivers 20% more water per sip, with an ergonomic handle for easier refilling, and an on/off lever that makes it easy to prevent leaks. Like all of our gear, we put the Crux through exhaustive stress tests to make sure that it won’t fail you on the trail. 100% free of BPA, BPS and BPF.
Offers 20% more water per sip
Leak-proof cap is easier to open and close
On/off lever lets you seal your drinking tube shut with one hand
Hydroguard technology inhibits the growth of bacteria in the reservoir and tube
Big bite valve self-seals after each drink, eliminating annoying drips
Tried, tested, and true. Our Single Layer mask has been the go-to for many of our employees, athletes, and customers for years. A single piece of Phabric stands between you and the elements. Lightweight sun protection, perfect if you run hot or are want a thinner option.
The classic Buff headwear shape, but with a few extra inches of length for cozy protection--in the fabric outdoor enthusiasts love most. Made from soft 100% natural Merino Wool, the Wool Buff feels great next to the skin, and it keeps you warm even when it's wet. It's the soft, breathable extra layer of insulation you need for chilly days. Plus, Buff donates 1% of the proceeds from Wool Buff to the planet so you can feel warm and fuzzy on the inside too.
12+ ways to wear
Cool in the summer, extra layer of warmth in the winter
The Knitted and Polar Hat’s performance is enhanced by the cozy design, which features a knitted exterior and full fleece lining or a fleece inner earband (see materials for details). Constructed with an active fit, it’s ideal for casual trail outings on cold days.
A staple for everyday wear‚ classic cuffed beanie with a tall fit and custom logo patch, inspired by classic workwear. Made with the perfect amount of stretch, won't stretch out or lose shape. Offered in a rainbow of solid, heathered, and marl colors.
Cuffed tall fit, can be worn up high or pulled over-ear.
Fine rib knit acrylic - resistant to pilling and shrink.
Material: Merino Wool, Rayon from Bamboo, Nylon, Elastane // Padding: Ultra Light Cushion Shin and underfoot
Le Bent literally came from the idea of "Get Bent". Full send in these merino foot friends. Keep your feet dry and breathing whether your facing off with Jack Frost or sweating through an ascent. Merino helps move mositure away from your skin and keep you dry. It even stays warm when it gets wet. Layer starts at your feet, so let em breath and keep them warm. Uber light cushioning underfoot and protecting your shins to cover you where you need it without the bulk. This socks is a bootfitters dream. Remember that if you're about to get custom molded boots this season. Le Send.
Stay Up Cuff
TLDR: Keep your feet warm and dry with Merino wool socks with ultra light cushioning only where you need it.