Bringing constant refinement to the 11-speed XT drivetrain, the Shimano XT RD-M8000 Rear Derailleur offers improved chain retention when you're riding across jarring, rock-strewn trails. Benefiting from trickle-down technology from the XTR group, Shadow RD+ technology keeps the chain from bouncing around with its handy stabilizer switch. The Shadow design is optimized for increased stability with its slanted position, allowing for silky-smooth shifting in every gear.
The XT's robust aluminum construction takes a serious beating without fuss, equating to worry-free confidence when you're rallying across technical terrain. In conjunction with a low-friction shift cable, Shimano claims shifting requires 20% less effort. Other key features include an easy-to-adjust chain stabilizer for effortless fine-tuning, as well as Direct Mount attachment with compatible frames for a stronger and lighter mount interface. As a bonus for riders with older frames not compatible with Direct Mount, the included link attaches in a conventional manner.
- The ultimate racing workhorse for mountain derailleurs
- Durable aluminum construction withstands trail abuse
- Shadow RD+ with stabilizer switch prevents dropped chains
- Direct-mount option with compatible frames (without link)
- Compatible with conventional derailleur attachment (with link)
- 11-speed rear derailleur: gs/medium 1x11, 2x11, sgs/long 1x11, 2x11, 3x11